Freshman Rep. Rich Nugent (R-Fla.) has joined NumbersUSA's 5-for-5 Club after cosponsoring Rep. Marsha Blackburn's Clear Law Enforcement for Criminal Alien Removal (CLEAR) Act of 2011. The CLEAR Act of 2011 would help local law enforcement detect, arrest and detain illegal aliens in their communties.
Rep. Nugent represents Florida's 5th Congressional District and is serving his 1st term in Congress. He has earned an A grade and has now cosponsored at least one bill in each of our 5 Great Immigration-Reduction categories. He joins 11 other Members of Congress to cosponsor a bill in each of the categories.
Rep. Nugent has now cosponsored:
- H.R. 692 - A bill that would end Chain Migration
- H.R. 704 - A bill that would end the Visa Lottery
- H.R. 140 - A bill that would end Birthright Citizenship
- H.R. 800 - A bill that would require employers to verify all new hires and current employees within two years of enactment
- H.R. 100 - The CLEAR Act that would require cooperation between federal immigration agents and local law enforcement
For more information on our "5 Great Immigration Solutions", click here. To see Rep. Nugent's Immigration-Reduction Report Card, click here.